Description: The waterfront districts in many towns had unsavory reputations. Nathby was nothing BUT a waterfront district. The entire town could have used a coat of paint -- and a bath.
Nathby has the most commercial establishments of any municipality in the game except Ticoro. On the interactive map, the buildings are laid out as follows: Salty Dog at the top left corner; Mermaid's Kiss, Bric-a-Brac, Arnold's Salvage, Lusty Maiden staggered left to right; the Shipyards (or Docks) along the base.
Inn: The Salty DogEdit
- Description: Set far back from the water, the wooden planks of the tavern still couldn't escape the ravages of the sea air.
- Amenities: Fish, Wine. Rooms are available for 7 burlas a night.
Inn: The Mermaid's KissEdit
- Description: Many's the sailor who'd spent the night in the tiny rooms of this inn. Many more's the sailor who'd spent an hour.
- Amenities: Rations. Rooms are available for 6 burlas a night.
Tavern: The Lusty MaidenEdit
- Description: Patrons came to this tavern for many resons, none of which were its food and drink.
- Amenities: Ale, Fish, Fatty Meat.
- Poul, first mate of the ill-fated Fair Current, can talk to the party about Gregor.
- Description: The run-down shop, offering cast-offs and miscellaneous items of questionable value, was undoubtedly Nathby's finest boutique.
- Sells: Arrows, Senwater, Oil, Lockpicks, Rope, Beeswax, Shovels, Torches, Whetstones.
- Buys: Tools.
Shop: Arnold's SalvageEdit
- Description: Prowling the docks for lost weaponry, rusted shields and the odd item recovered from sunken ships, the proprietor eked out a living passing his finds on to others.
- Sells: Leather Jerkin, Leather Armor, Small Shield, Wooden Shield, Long Sword, Short Sword.
- Buys: Swords, Shields, Armor, Staffs.
- Description: Thanks to recent pirate activity and the end of the shipping strike, the shipyard had become the most frenzied place in town.
- Conversation: Captain Tyee can talk to the party about the Gregor and the loss of his ship.
- The party enters the town from the west gate, but the interactive map is oriented with west at the top and the eastward docks at the bottom.
- The miner of Quigley Castle in Aliero recounts several digs in the region, including finding ruby in Nathby -- a possible reference to the nearby Ruby Shieldstone.