A mushroom-shaped man, he is seen tending his garden with his hoe, over a row of budding pink potato eyes, just outside Sarth.
Well regarded as a researcher among his brethren at the Abbey of Ishap at Sarth, Brother Marc has a knack for finding obscure scraps of information. Whether researching the mating habits of the Kuilli birds of Kelewan or the chess gambits of the ancient Keshian game masters, it is rare that he is unable to answer a visitor’s question. He is warmly remembered by all who meet him as a man with a friendly smile and gentle eyes.
Thanks to him and Brother Anthony, they began their work at the Abbey at Sarth.
- Road South (if met Rowe)
- Locklear asks if there are hazards on the way to Krondor. Br. Marc says about mercenaries (landed just south of Questor's View on the Foamspinner) who spoke to Brother Dominic.
- Bad Weather (if met Rowe)
- Says doesn't know about a storm, as Br. Gierom didn't mention before Marc left for his garden. Asked about Rowe, Marc says that he has been a bit weird since his wife died, and has to give up his farm.
- Asked by Owyn about spellcasting, he redirects him to Brother Dominic but as he is busy, he offers to teach him some things for 50 sovereigns. He gives the hint about concentrating, feeling the target instead of only seeing it with his eyes; he also suggets Lewton's Concentrate to help him with his exercises. Although Owyn botches it and throws him down, the Spellcasting skill is increased.
- Spells (if asked about spellcasting)
- Owyn mentions that he will need something in case they run against something dangerous. Marc offers to go to The Vaults and fetch the Flamecast spell for 30 sovereigns.
- He says that they can visit the Vaults although Brother Anthony doesn't like strangers wandering around without supervision.
- Inns (if met Rowe)
- Marc recommends Babon's Hostel in Questor's View, or the Bywater Inn. He would like to go there, because some he has been sleeping bad as, he thinks, some acolyte has been trying dream sendings (it turned out the dream sendings were for Nago)